Monday 31 December 2012

ADIOS 2012, BIENVENIDO 2013

In less than 7 hours 2012 will be closing its door and  a new door, a door to the year 2013 will be opened.

As I sit down in front of my lappy (after fighting with Amir that I need to use it by 5, then it dragged to 5.30!!!) I wish to reflect on the good and bad things that happened to me and people who are close to me in the year 2012.

Alhamdulillah, the year 2012 has been a wonderful year.  Many fantastic things Allah has granted to me and my family in this year.  Successes, challenges and changes that we faced in 2012 will be lessons for us to cherish.  For all the love, blessings and rahmah that He has bestowed on us, I should say Alhamdulillah more often and remember Allah in everything that I do.

In 2012:

we went on a trip to Ho Chih Minh, Vietnam.  The first overseas trip for the whole family since our visit to Shenzhen and Hongkong in 2007.  I quit working in 2008 when Dinie fell sick and since then we have been prudent in our spending.  Alhamdulillah after coming back to full time job in 2010, we managed to save for the HCM trip.

my second son, Alif Hakeem scored 5As in his UPSR exam.  I was very worried whether Hakeem could repeat Amir's success in UPSR because Hakeem is totally a different character, attitude and discipline from Amir.  Amir is a hardworking, obedient and highly motivated boy who requires minimum supervision, encouragement and persuasion.  Hakeem on the other hand is smart-but-lazy,  I-seem-not-to-care-but-I-actually-do, charming, witty, confident and quite a stubborn boy.  He is also polite and easy going.  

Amir was appointed as Head of Prefect for the year 2013.  Bravo son!  Another achievement that you can be proud of.

Hakeem was accepted into Kelas Rancangan Khas for form 1 in 2013.  Study hard ya Hakeem.  Success is sweet so let's have more and more success in the future.

me and my siblings, together with our parents spend more time together.  Many family outings this year.  I guess we were very busy the last couple of years but good thing we make up this year.  We went on a trip together to Kelantan and Trengganu, picnic together, few rounds of  breaking fast together.  It was very-very  fun and enjoyable.  Remind me of the days when we were singles and shared a lot of things together, including clothes!

I had few rounds of good outings with my in-laws too.  Two vacations in sawah padi and few other gatherings were good and we shall ensure that we have at least two outings in a year.


My beloved dad, Haji Ismail bin Haji Hamzah passed away on 22 November 2012.  May you rest in peace Abah and placed among those with great iman.  I miss Abah very much.  Hari Raya will not be the same anymore.

my nephew, Aiman Yusof met with an accident. He had head injury but Alhamdulillah it was not serious.  Just last week Aiman had to undergo another round of angiogramme and Subhanallah, the result was positive.


Lastly, I "befriend" the world of blogging.  I am new, and not an active blogger due to time constraint but I have fallen in love with blogging.  A nice way to express myself and share with whoever that cares to read interesting events of my life, my thoughts and my feelings.

There were more good and bad things that happened in 2012 but I shall stop here.  I am looking forward to the year 2013.  It will be challenging to manage my family as Dinie will be going to school and now all three children will be fighting for my attention and time.

Thank you Allah for our health, for our rezeki, for the family ukhwah, for opportunities, for achievements and success and love that You generously grant us.

May 2013 be another good year.  A year full of barakah and rahmah from Allah.  Whatever challenges that are awaiting, we shall face it with positive mind and may these challenges bring us closer to the love of Allah.

Adios 2012!

Bienvenido 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment