Tuesday 22 January 2013

OLD HABIT DIE HARD

Aristotle said "We are what we repeatedly do.  Excellence is not an act..... it's a habit.

Maknanya kita kena betulkan habit kita.  Kalau kita menjadikan kecemerlangan sebagai satu kemestian, maka ia akan menjadi satu habit yang baik.  Tetapi kalau kita tak kisah je, buat sesuatu ibarat melepaskan batuk di tangga dan mengulangi perbuatan itu berkali-kali maka jadilah ia satu habit yang tidak baik.

Habit is like a best friend.  Most people would agree that it is extremely difficult to change your habit, just like you just can't change from one best friend to another.  Habit is part of you, and surely it is very difficult to change a part of you.

Ada habit yang baik, we can keep it and maintain it.
Tapi habit yang tak elok dan tak berapa elok, are the ones that we must get rid of.  We must strive to change our bad habits into good habits.
The question is, how do we do that?

Does is start with self realisation that what I have been practising is not so right and therefore must go.  Or shall I wait for others to point at me that such a habit is not acceptable and then only I force the habit out of my life?

Bukan senang nak buang habit ni kan?  Tu pasallah orang putih kata "old habit die hard".

One habit of mine that I have tried very hard to stop, tapi masih tak berjaya ialah tabiat mencabut rambut.  I just love to cabut rambut yang kerinting-kerinting kat atas kepala ni.  Maklumlah, rambut I lurus so bila ada rambut-rambut kerinting (which my mum calls rambut gatal), I cannot tahan.  Mesti nak cabut.  Lepas tu bila dah cabut, I would stick the helaian rambut on the nearest wall.  I love to see the kerintingness of the rambut.  Sampai hubby perli, ni wall deco ke apa ni?

Since this habit mencabut rambut is not harmful to me or anyone, I guess bolehlah diteruskan.  But I must remember to remove the hair strands from the wall.

Want to share your unharmful bad habits?













No comments:

Post a Comment